Friday, September 14, 2012

Beta #1 (not like the fish) - 4w3d

On Wednesday the 12th, I went to Main Line Fertility for my first official beta test. I went in at 9:45 am, they took my blood, handed me a zillion prescriptions and samples of prenatal vitamins, and sent me on my way.

It was the LONGEST DAY EVER.

Finally, around 3 pm, my phone finally rang. I dashed outside to answer it, and sure enough it was Lisa from Dr. Glassner's office - calling to tell me that my beta came back at 247, and my progesterone was 38.1!

YIPPEE!!!! Wahoo!!! Hooray!!! Apparently that was a good number for being 17 dpo, so they saw no need to bring me back until the following week. Which kind of surprised me - after following a bunch of fertility forums and blogs, it seemed like a lot of doctors wanted you back within 24-36 hours to see if your numbers are doubling, which is indicative of a successful pregnancy. But Dr. Glassner and his overtly smooth overconfidence - I guess he knows what he's doing and I certainly am not going to question that!

I was especially thrilled about the progesterone # - they had me taking progesterone supplements, and let me tell you- that shit made me cray-cray. I'm not typically a very emotional person, and that stuff made me go off the deep end. Crying at stupid things, totally getting self-reflective and upset over the dumbest shit. So, with my level being at 38, they saw no need for me to continue it. Phew!

I scheduled my next appointment for Tuesday the 18th, for more bloodwork and an ultrasound. Considering I'm still so early, we might not see much at that appointment, but I'll take whatever I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment