Wednesday, October 10, 2012

7w4d - back on track...

Well, someone took their happy pills at Main Line Fertility on Friday the 5th... and fortunately they kicked in just in time for me to reap the benefits.

I showed up at 8:45 for my 9 am appointment, slightly apprehensive, as my last visit had not been so stellar. Immediately, I am called back. Ironically, they call "Lindy" this time. Hmmmm. Interesting.

I go back, the nurse takes my blood, and she is chipper and cheery and friendly (this is a different nurse than the one who took it the previous week). She sends me to the mini waiting room, and a few minutes later Ms. I've-been-at-this-a-long-time ultrasound tech calls me back. She still calls me Rosalind. Blah.

I get undressed and hop up onto the table, and she sticks in her magic wand. She seems to be in a much better mood than she was the week before - a little softer, and friendlier. Sure enough, there is Baby Rolston #2 - growing beautifully... in fact I made up some lost time and am back to 7w4d, with a due date of May 20th, 2013. She is also able to record the heartrate and tells me it's a strong 144 bpm. Of course because I am an internet prowler/researcher/obsessee extraordinaire, I immediately think "oh geez that sounds low," but obviously she's not concerned by it. And at this point I'm just happy they gave me a heartrate at all, after last week's denial.

So then I go back with happy nurse. She looks at my scan, and chirps that everything is great. She also tells me the exciting news that I will more than likely only have two more visits with Main Line and then I'll be released to Valley Forge OB/GYN! Woohoo! Bittersweet - because it's definitely nice to have weekly reassuring checkups to know that Baby Rolston #2 is cooking away in there - but I suppose once we get to a certain point the chance of miscarriage percentage is so low, that you don't NEED those weekly appointments.

So anyway, I left MLF feeling much better and excited to text Dave the good news. I have another appointment next Friday the 12th, and then hopefully my last on the 19th, before I get to go to the "big girl doc!" Haha!

As for me, I am feeling unsettlingly good. I mean, I obviously know everything is ok in there - but aside from some sore boobs, and pretty strong fatigue, I really haven't felt pregnant at all. A few times I have felt a little nauseous but it was nothing that eating a snack didn't seem to take care of. So, I am praying this continues. Though, only being 8.5 weeks at this point - I definitely know that there's a chance the majority of symptoms just haven't come along yet... let's hope I'm wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment